A good workout is very rewarding. Not only it has a positive effect on your body composition, but it also leaves you feeling happier due to the rush of endorphins. However, the next day muscle soreness sets in, making you barely able to move. Here Brea fitness center shares the best tips on how to recover from a hard workout.
Why do muscles ache?
Physical activity puts your muscle tissue under stress which it isn’t used to. This created micro-tears in the muscle fiber. Your body then needs to rebuild the tissue, and pain can be experienced as a result.
Best Practices To Ease Muscle Pain
The aching from a workout tends to subside after a few days. However, there are certain measures you can take to recover faster.
• Cold – compresses or an ice bath. Exposure to cold is shown to help with alleviating the pain caused by working out. The cold reduces blood flow to the muscles can help you recover much faster.
• Sleep – One of the main functions of sleep is to rejuvenate and repair the body. Therefore, most of the muscle building actually happens during your sleep. Making sure you get a good night’s rest is essential in order for the muscles to recover.
• Stretch – To minimize the pain, make sure to stretch well after exercising. It can help with the tightness of the tissue, resulting in less post-workout pain.
• Add protein t your diet – The body uses protein to rebuild the affected tissues. Taking in a higher amount of protein with your diet can have a positive impact in muscle recovery process.
• Massage – Getting a massage is a good way to ease the inflammation of the connective tissue. This can significantly lessen the soreness in the body.
Moderate soreness after a training session is a good thing. It signifies the growth of your muscles. However, it doesn’t need to be overpowering. A combination of these tips can be an effective post-workout strategy, which will help you recover faster and with more comfort.
Also make sure your are not over training. Watch this video to know more about it.